SOUL FOOD COOKING CLASSES (Low Carb)
Mondays 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Location: Turuki Health Care Māngere, 2/32 Canning Crescent, Auckland 1001
Learn how to cook healthy nutritious kai on a budget, food and cooking stations provided.
Free Booking before hand is essentialBOOK NOW
Request to join the private “Low Carb Healthy Fanau” Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615300862119597
Find attached a selection of Low Carb & Keto recipes. (only viewable on computers or laptops)
- Breakfast recipes
- Keto Cookie recipes
- Keto Pancake recipes
- Dessert recipes
- Low Carb/ Keto Bread recipes
- Keto Cake recipes
- Homemade Keto Burger recipes
- Keto Chicken recipes
- 50+ Easy Keto recipes
- 8 x Keto Smoothie options
- Weekly Food diary Template (To help with your own personalised plan)
You now have access to 100 + Recipes. There are plenty of options to entertain your curiosity. I have more options available if you require them. Please take the time to experiment with these.
To be successful, take the time to sit down and create a grocery list and eating plan to suit your needs. Involve the whanau when creating your personalised plan. Monday to Sunday.
They too can eat from the recipes provided.
Things to consider,
- Planned treat/ takeaway meal in that week. (Remember research menus from your preferred vendor before going out. Remember you’re the paying customer, make decisions that align with your new lifestyle or close to).
- Are you fasting (IT’S FREE) during the week. Using the template provided, write fasting in the box to suit your lifestyle.
- During your busier days, prep is key. Use simple recipes or smoothie option that take little to prepare or just fast during these times.
- Leftovers, This to can be great for busy days. When serving dinner, the night before, do an extra serve into your lunch container for the next day.
- Create a start date. Mondays are always a great start day. Use the weekend to prepare. Prep your fridge & pantry. Take out foods that are our kryptonite. If they’re not there, the temptation is reduced Or eliminated.
- Shop to the grocery list (Don’t get caught out by special sales. Unless it involves quality Wholefoods), Don’t shop on an empty stomach. Avoid isles that you know you have a weakness for. (SHOP ONLINE IF YOU KNOW YOU HAVE NO SELF CONTROL)
As soon as our sensors come online with an empty stomach, we tend to make poor decisions regarding food choices.
- Get quality sleep. (IT’S FREE).With good sleep we tend to make good decisions the next day regarding food. Plus, all the other great benefits of good sleep. 10 Health Benefits of Quality Sleep – Terry Cralle
- Get moving. (IT’S FREE). Walking after Meals is great to reduce Blood Sugars. The Benefits of Walking After Eating (verywellfit.com), Whanau sport days, play at the park with kids. Keep it simple.
- Breathing & Meditations. (IT’S FREE). The Power of Deep Breathing: 7 Techniques and Exercises (positivepsychology.com), Orokoroa – Māori Meditation – Turuki Health Care
- Cold Water therapy. (ITS FREE), Shower, River, Ocean. Have ago, it will change your life forever. The Benefits of Cold Water Therapy | Ice Barrel
- Nature Therapy (IT’S FREE), Nature Therapy: Types and Benefits (webmd.com)
- Christmas meals/Get togethers, New year parties. Enjoy your time with your whanau. This is precious time. After, reset. Using FASTING, QUALITY SLEEP, QUALITY KAI,MOVEMENT, PURPOSEFUL BREATHING/MEDITATION, COLD WATER, NATURE. THIS IS TRUE MEDICINE.
Cooking Class Feedback Form