We all face challenges in life – and sometimes we need support to get back on track.
Family Start Mangere is a FREE, voluntary, confidential, home-based service designed to support whānau facing challenges in the areas of health, social outcomes, welfare, or education.
How it works
- Whānau are supported to set and meet their goals and plans.
- We work at the pace of the whānau.
- Early Childhood, Immunisations, Well Child checks and Dental registration are encouraged.
- The programme includes the Takai Parenting Resource with a focus on parenting, child and parent interactions, importance of relationships.
- Whānau are supported to access existing services in the community.
- Whānau are supported to identify, improve, and add to the strengths that already exist within whānau
- Whānau are supported to improve their overall circumstances so their tamariki get the best possible start in life.
The focus is on prevention. Our qualified whānau workers provide guidance and advice to whanau to improve overall wellbeing in areas of:
- Parenting skills
- Accessing support within the local community
- Relationship conflict
- Any other matters which are important to the whānau.
Is my whānau eligible?
Your whānau may be eligible to work with Family Start if you:
- Live in Mangere
- Have a pregnant mother in the whānau (first trimester or later)
- Have a child under the age of two years in the whānau.
There are some other referral and assessment criteria as well. If you’d like to korero about Family Start, please contact us and we’ll put you in touch with our whānau workers.
Contact Family Start
If you’d like to speak to the Family Start team, you can contact them directly. The Family Start office is located at:
37 Andrew Baxter Drive, Mangere, Auckland.email@example.comPhone: 09 280 2990 Email: