“Whakamanatia te wahine hei oranga whānau.”
– Inspiring women to raise healthy families.
At Turuki Health Care, we believe a healthy start means a healthy future, so our key focus has always been the health of Mama and Pepi (Mothers and Babies). We specialise in providing wrap-around services to pre-school aged children/tamariki and their wider whānau members, including:
We’re proud to say that in the last year, we have provided services and support to:
- 20,000 children/tamariki and taiohi/youth through the Rheumatic Fever programme. This included taking up to 10,000 throat swabs per month
- 301 vulnerable children/tamariki under 5 through Family Start
- 109 vulnerable children/tamariki under 5 and their whānau, through Parents as First Teachers
- 42 mama and 44 pepi through the Mama and Pepi service
- 6,000 enrolled patients at our GP clinic (of which, 2250 are Māori and 2445 are Pacific)
- 50 youth with mental health issues through specialist GP consultations
- whānau from 17 different ethnicities
- mothers birthing around 200 babies.