The joy of having quality time with whānau, learning to do things for themselves, and receiving praise from Mum or Dad are the type of memories every child should have to hold throughout their lives.
Poipoia te Mokopuna is a whānau-focused education programme that aims to support parents to nurture tamariki and their learning in the early years.
Turuki Health Care offers Poipoia te Mokopuna support to around 35 whānau every year. We help whānau build confidence, self-esteem and resilience, so whānau relationships can flourish for a lifetime.
Is my whānau eligible?
Poipoia te Mokopuna is all about supporting whānau to become confident and connected. If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, your whānau may be eligible for Poipoia te Mokopuna support.
- Do you identify as Māori and live between Mangere and Manurewa?
- Do you have pepi/tamariki under three years of age and not enrolled in ECE?
And are you:
- willing to participate and gain skills for being first teachers for your pepi and tamariki
- willing to develop a PATH (Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope) Plan
- open to considering Kohanga Reo/ECE enrolment for your pepi/tamariki at some future time
- willing to have Turuki Health Care visit your home
- prepared to attend quarterly workshops focussed on intentional early learning activities such as talking, reading and playing?
If you answered yes to all the above, please contact us so we can put you in touch with the Poipoia te Mokopuna team.
If you’re not sure, please contact us anyway: we would love to korero about options for your whānau.