Let us give you a call and explain more about this amazing service!
Poipoia Contact Form
“Poipoia te kākano, kia puawai” Nurture the seed and it will blossom. As parents and whānau, we play the first most important role in raising our tamariki into confident, wise and curious learners. Every child is born with potential, but it is the whānau (the pā harakeke) that surrounds the child which enables them to learn and thrive.
Poipoia te Mokopuna is a whānau-focused education programme that aims to support parents/caregivers to nurture tamariki and their learning in the early years. Turuki Health Care offers Poipoia te Mokopuna support to around 35 whānau every year. We help whānau build understanding, confidence and resilience, so that whānau relationships can flourish for a lifetime.
Is my whānau eligible?
Poipoia te Mokopuna is all about supporting whānau to become confident and connected. If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, your whānau may be eligible for Poipoia te Mokopuna support.
- Do you identify as Māori and live between Māngere and Manurewa?
- Do you have pepi/tamariki under three years of age who are not enrolled in ECE?
And are you:
- Willing to participate and gain skills for being first teachers of your pēpi and tamariki
- Willing to develop a PATH (Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope) Plan
- Open to considering Kohanga Reo/ECE enrolment for your pēpi/tamariki
- Willing to have Turuki Health Care visit your home on a fortnightly/monthly basis
- Prepared to attend quarterly workshops focussed on intentional early learning activities such as talking, reading and playing?
If you answered yes to all the above, please contact us below and we can put you in touch with the Poipoia te Mokopuna team.