Tupuranga Ake is a free programme to support whanau to access early childhood education. It is for mama and tamariki aged 3 to 5 1/2 years old.CLICK HERE to SUBMIT your interest in this servce
We support whanau through developing Early Learning plans which provide support to learn at home, joining an Early Childhood Education (ECE) service and transitioning to primary school. Support continues for the first 6 months of primary school.
To take part
- Tamariki are aged between 3 and 5 years of age. We will work with any whanau engaged with Turuki Health Care
- Whanau live in CMDHB Area. If you do not live within these areas we may be able to connect you with another service.
- Tamariki must be a New Zealand resident
How to join
Referrals can be made by simply contacting Mama, Pepi, Tamariki Team at Turuki Healthcare with name and contact details. Whanau will be contacted and an appointment made with a navigator. The navigator will meet and discuss the service with whanau.
What to expect when joining
- On-going navigator support to assist you with Early Learning plan
- Support for whanau to make informed decisions about early childhood education services for their tamariki
- Support to develop your tamariki’s numeracy and literacy skills
- For your tamariki and whānau prior to starting primary school
- Family Start
- B4Baby Breastfeeding
- Mana Tiaki Navigators
- Intensive Teen Parenting
- Antenatal Wanaga
- School Based Health Team
- Poipoi te Mokopuna
- Smoking Cessation
- Mama & Pepi Support Services
- Primary Health Care
- Te Ira